Sunday, January 16, 2011

Stuck Like Glue

Absolutely no one that knows me better
No one that can make me feel sooo goooood
How did we stay so long together?
Stuck like glue!


Love this song by Sugarland! It's one of my favorites. And it reminds me of my Etsy Bestie.




Back in the summer of 2009, I was working hard, trying to get my shop noticed on Etsy. Most evenings I would be on the "Who Loves Vintage" thread, promoting, meeting new friends, learning the "tricks" of the trade. One evening, we were all excited because one of our vintage friends made her first treasury. Wow, I could do that! It was pure excitement, waiting for Treasury Main to open, hands shaking over the keyboard, waiting for number 332 to pop up!





A seller, CabinWindows, kept putting me in her treasuries. I would say "back at you" and put her in one of mine. We became friends and started convoing each other regularly. Sometimes, we would laugh so hard at our antics that tears would be dripping on my keyboard. Little did I know at that time what a true friend I had made.
My husband was diagnosed with cancer for the second time in 5 years in August of that year. My friend knew that I needed to start making regular sales so I could keep up with growing medical bills. She wrote a letter to Vanessa at Etsy Administation about my plight. Vanessa contacted me and before I knew it, Etsy wanted to feature me in their Blog.





My friend and I became even closer, helping each other through our computers, with family problems, money woes, illnesses, job worries.
I grew up without a sister, just two brothers. I have found the sister that I always wanted. I know I can phone her and just talk or text her if I found a fabulous treasure at a thrift shop.
We are going to meet for the first time in May of this year. She lives in Colorado Springs, Co. and I live in Madera, Ca. She is a Biologist at the Air Force Academy and is being sent to Truckee, Ca for research. I live 5 hours from Truckee. Yahoo!!! We are finally going to meet! We are going to sit in coffee shops and yak over Caramel Fraps, or on a patio and dream about becoming Etsy Favs. over a bottle of wine. We are going to hit every Thrift Shop and Barn Sale in site. I can't wait!
My Etsy Bestie is Patti from http://www.northernlodge.etsy.com and http://www.cabinwindows.etsy.com.




You and me together..we're stuck like glue!


1 comment:

  1. Ahhh bestie..this is SO sweet..

    I love you to infinity and beyond..
    You are a great etsy mentor, friend, commrade, and an all around wonderful person

    ReplyDelete